Onward leading

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Does anyone need any help with the letters?

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

I am happy to discuss

January 8, 2010 at 3:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Annie Chah

A wonderful resource.  Many thanks for your efforts.

I am having a little trouble navigating through the letters in sequence but I will work it out.

Again, much gratitude in your direction.

August 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

Hi Annie,

I am sorry it took me so long to respond, I saw your post only now.

Welcome to this website!

Yes, I agree with the sequence of the letters. I find that it goes backwards, however, I thought i will first type all this and the copy it onto a document, and then cut and paste it starting from the last one, and work back wards. Right now, the best way to read this is to go to the oldest post and read up.

I meant to first get all the letters in order, but saw that  a member of another website having a problem with accessing friuititions , and hence directed him to this website.

with metta

Hiranthi

August 4, 2010 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Hi Hiranthi,

Thank you for the excellent resource.

Can I ask you some questions on meditation practice?

With metta, Dmytro

July 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

Hi Dmytro,

Glad to hear you found it useful.

Yes, of course you can ask some questions. Hopefully I can answer them.*:) happy

with metta

Hiranthi

July 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Hi Hiranthi,

Thank you.

I have been practicing on my own fo many years, carefully studying the Pali suttas.
My experiences have been quite similar to those described in the letters.
I live hundreds of miles away from anyone who would be able to lead me further.

Fortunately, I obtained a possibility to visit Sri Lanka in the end of September.
Would you please recommend the persons worth visiting?

With metta,

Dmytro

August 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

Hi Dmytro,

I am glad to hear that you have got the opportunity to visit Sri Lanka.

There are a few monasteries I could recommend, however, as you say your experiences tally with these letters , maybe it would be a good idea to visit the Mithirigala Nissarana Vanaya, the meditation center the where the head priest was residing. He has now passed away but Ven. Dhammajeeva Thero is teaching there. He does speak English and follows the same method as Ven. Matara  Sri Nanarama thero,

You can get more information from the Meethirigala website.http://www.nissarana.lk/

I would also suggest that if it is possible to meet Ven Katukurunde Gnanananda thero, as he was another student of the Head Priest of Meethirigala. I could check out and get you more information as to if he is meeting visitors. 

However, I found his Facebook page. Maybe, you could write to him there. 

Another good monastery is The

Sumathipala Nahimi Aranya Senasanaya
Kanduboda, Delgoda
Telephone : 0112402805

Ven. Pemasiri thero is the head priest there. You get quite a  lot of Westerners (ordained and lay) residing there.Even though the Ven. Thero doesn't speak in English, you can always get a translator to help.

My experiences have been similar to the letters as well and I found the above mentioned  Monks were able to help me.

If you need any other help, please do write.

with metta

Hiranthi

August 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.