Onward leading

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Letters in chronological order.

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

I have installed all the letters in chronological order.Hope this helps.

with metta

Hiranthi

September 14, 2010 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Namkha

Dear Hiranthi,

Thank you for doing this.  May I know, are there 104 letters in total?

Deep bows, -Namkha

June 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Namkha

Dear Hiranthi,

Another question for you. I found this site while searching for more information on "Matara Sri Nanarama".  Wikipedia links to this site.  Is the Venerable writing the letters to the Upasika he? Or is Ven. Nayaka Thero  another name for Matara Sri Nanarama?

June 19, 2014 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

Dear Namakha

Welcome to this website. Yes, there are 104 letters in total.

To view them in conical order, you need to click on to the button that says View older entries.

Regards your second question, yes, the letters are addressed to Ven,Matara sri Nanarama Thero. However, as he couldn't speak English, the, Ven. Katukurunde Nanadanda Thero translated his advise in to English.Hence it is Ven, Matara Sri Nanarama Thero's advice that is there, in these letters. Hope this answers your question.

with metta

Hiranthi

June 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Namkha

Dear Hiranthi,

Thank you for the clarifications.  I am glad to be reading these letters.  I became interested in Nanarama Thero because of his connection to Ayya Khema.

The "ven. Nayako Thero" referred to in the letters, is this another name for Sri Nanarama Thero?

Thank you again for publishing this remarkable resource.

Gratefully,

Namkha

June 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hiranthi Gunatunga
Site Owner

Dear Namkha,

I am glad you are finding these letters of use to you. I wasn't aware that Ayya Khema was a student of his.

The meaning of the word Ven. Nayaka Thero means the Ven, chief priest, hence yes, this is another name for Ven. Nanarama thero.

with metta

Hiranthi

June 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.